Tuesday, August 4, 2009

first post from tut #1!

I'm not sure where to start with this being my first foray into blogging , I've linked to a few of my favourite blogs ( or at least I will link to them as soon as I can figure out the gadget tool within blogger! ) and hopefully I'll draw some inspiration from them. Perhaps a small introduction to who I am, and why I'm choosing to do this course...
My name is Rory Cox, I'm a 23 year old ( first semester ) Arts Student. I have an interest in music, FIlm/Television and sports which may be apparent from my choice of links. I'm doing this course hopefully to learn how to write effectively for an internet audience, being out of study for the last 3 years putting my thoughts into text for someone to actually read and take in is something I think I'm going to struggle to get back into the swing of. 

I'll begin my reflection on course material with today's lecture which went through a brief history of computing and the internet. Having done a course in the past that centred on the history of computing, it was interesting to see another take on the subject and what Stephen/ Adam felt were the more important and significant moments to include. Unfortunately we didn't get through the content that was outlined in the lecture notes nor the video that Stephen had planned for us to get through so it's something I'll be getting onto this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment